Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Our feet are a representation of us, where we have been, where we are right now and where we are headed in the future.
Make your feet your friend. ~J.M. Barrie
"You never truly know someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes."
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Well...it took me awhile, but I finally repurposed it...
1. The first thing I did was spray painted the frame and then sanded the edges for a more vintage look.
2. Next I used a staple gun to staple the fabric to the mat that was around the print.
3. I glued ribbon around the outside edge to cover the staples. I really like the polka dot brown, but I didn't have enough, so I used a complimenting ribbon on the other sides (adds to the vintage look).
4. I measured where I wanted the jute and used a hammer and small nail to make pilot holes to screw in the hooks. (on my frame they are 8 inches apart)
5. I tied the jute and attached the photos with clips.
My idea is not completely my own; it was inspired by this post.
PS Just in case the print is worth some huge amount of money, it is untouched under the fabric.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Each blue square cost about $6.00 and the table was about $8.00, so when all was said and done, the table cost about $32.00, not too bad for a custom play table.
I found this one on Amazon for over $150.00
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Little Miss was able to spend some quality time with her friend.
It definitely wasn't all business during the game. In fact, most of the time, it looked like this....
or when in the field, like this....
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
...unfortunately I don't have a good answer.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Than anywhere else on earth."
-Dorothy Frances Gurney
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
The kids colored first with water color markers....
...then sprayed them with water.
....and for the others we mounted them onto popsicle sticks and turned them into decorations for the Easter plants we gave as gifts. A quick easy way to personalize the plants. I also sprayed them with sealer to prevent them from running and fading if they get wet.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
And finally, just a random shot of our Easter centerpiece. We went a little crazy with the egg dying this year. We colored 3 1/2 dozen eggs. Can you say egg salad????