-Plastic pots (We used 6 inch pots because that's all they had left, but smaller would be ideal)
-Foam (with adhesive)
-Water (in squirt bottle)
1. Have the kids sketch out a rough design of the face onto the pot with a piece of chalk.
2. Use a pencil to draw out the designs onto the pieces of foam.
3. Cut and stick the foam to the pot.
4. Glue on Googly Eyes. (*For those of you new to my blog, you will soon learn that I'm not so great at taking the pictures of each step of a project. I usually have the end result though, so you just have to fill in the missing steps.)
5. Fill the pots with soil.
6. Add Grass Seed.
7. Water with a squirt bottle so the seeds don't wash to one area of the pot.
8. Watch the pot heads (OOOPS- you might not want to call them that in front of the little ones) grow a nice, thick head of green hair.
I'll post some pictures weekly to show the progress
I'm linking up with Heather today at Blessed Little Nest
Life Made Lovely Monday.....Check it out!
this is too cute! i am going to give it a try with my kindergartners.
Post a Comment