So, if you have been reading my blog for a while now, you are well aware that I really have never been a fan of the color pink. When the Big C so rudely interrupted our lives this past December, pink was forced upon me. It's growing on me now and I am even willing to "pinktify" my blog for the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
And, in the spirit of becoming more aware, here are some recommendations for cancer prevention, as provided by my nutritionist.
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods.
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork, and lamb) and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with sodium.
8. Don't use supplements to protect against cancer.
Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
Post a Comment